One of my students asked the question: “What would be a good UI panel that follows you around in virtual space?” That’s a great question, and I’ll be answering it in this video.
I’ll go over the different types of UI panels that could be used, the pros and cons of each, and I’ll give you some recommendations to keep in mind when choosing which type of follow-along panel to use in your spatial experience. So let’s get started!
- Background music – “Screening” by Coma Media
- Background video by MotionStock from Pixabay
- SFX provided by Natty23 on Pixabay
- Stock footage provided by Pressmaster, Artem Podrez, Karolina Grabowska, Fauxels, Pixabay, Kindel Media, Eren Li, Mikhail Nilov, and Tima Miroshnichenko on Pexels
- Check out my on-demand courses
- Why you want (but won’t like) a Minority Report-style interface by Dan Saffer
- MRTK Hand Menu
- MRTK Near Menu
Learn more about the UX best practices
Dive a little deeper with video lessons
See how others have solved this problem
Content coming soon
Content is being added regularly, so check back again.